Plasma Phone Reference System
Recommended Device: Nexus 5X (bullhead), Nexus 5 (hammerhead)
If you flash Plasma Mobile for the first time, you likely need to follow steps 1A and 1B.
After successfully done those steps, you can always jump straight to step 2 for future flashing.
1A. Unlock (skip if already unlocked)
Unlock the Nexus 5: https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-unlock-nexus-5-bootloader
Unlock the Nexus 5X: https://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-5x/general/guides-how-to-guides-beginners-t3206930
1B. Put into firmware mode and run once:
CAUTION: This will erase the complete memory of your Nexus 5 device! Please ensure you have a backup of all your data before you proceed.
$ fastboot format cache $ fastboot format userdata
2. Flashing Plasma Mobile (PM)
1. Put your Nexus 5/X in fastboot mode (press volume down + power button at once), then open a terminal and run
$ git clone https://github.com/plasma-phone-packaging/pm-flashtool.git $ cd pm-flashtool $ ./pm-flash
The -c parameter of script can be used to re-use the cache instead of downloading all the files again.
The -p platform parameter currently accepts neon or arch
It will download all files required and store them in cache subdir, e.g. for Nexus 5X (bullhead):
- bullhead_recovery.img (TWRP recovery img)
- bullhead-20170109-135455.zip (stripped down AOSP)
- pm-rootfs-20161025-140532.tar.gz (Plasma Mobile in an LXC container)
- lxc-android.tar.gz (binary tools for android, upstream from jenkins.linuxcontainers.org)
- lxc-system-config (lxc container config files)
Then the TWRP Recovery img is used as a tool to flash all other components to the target device.
Note: The above could take quite some time (15-20 minutes).
After Flashing is done
If successfull, you should automatically see the Login Screen.
The password to unlock is ‘1234’.
(the username to enter the login prompt for your phone from an adb shell desktop terminal is ‘phablet’, password is ‘1234’).